Wednesday 20 January 2016

The Adventure of an Interview

Interview are scary. Performing in shows I am no stranger to getting nervous but at my audition last Friday I was completely taken over by the nerves. It was crazy from the moment I woke up, I was anxious and just wanted to get it out of the way I’ve never been so worried. I guess it just proved how much I wanted the day to go well.

I had nothing to be nervous of, everyone was super lovely and I honestly wouldn’t have minded if everyone who was in my workshop was in my class next year. The workshop was defiantly my favourite bit. It felt so relaxed and I completely forgot that there was a woman in the corner assessing us. I’d never of thought that an interview could be fun! We were working together and doing exercises which I enjoyed so much I could have easily done another hour or so on them.


You know when you hope for something, but you just know that isn’t going to be the outcome? Well I had that when it was time to sit down and wait to be called on. I hoped and wished all day that I would be the first called so I could get it done, spend some time in Starbucks ( I discovered one close to the campus ) before catching an early train home. But no, I was LAST. So that meant 2 hours of waiting and going through the monologue in my head. I wasn’t sitting alone at least and made friends with one girl who might I say had the greatest hair. (I’m jealous of her hair alright). After what felt like forever it was finally time for me to be interviewed and looking back on it, what was I so scared of? I did my monologue, sat down for questions and it went absolutely fine! In the end I got my Starbucks and even got the train back with a friend who was travelling home from college. To make it even nicer, she received an unconditional offer! But I have a whole other post to write on unconditional offers…

No comments:

Post a Comment